Skip to main content
- Chromebook Care
- Do not have any food or drinks near the Chromebook.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
- Chromebooks do not like when you touch their screen with objects other than your finger. They are "touch screen", however pens and other objects other than your finger can damage them.
- Do not place your Chromebook on uneven surfaces where they might be subject to an accidental fall.
- While the Chromebook cases are sturdy, drops from heights can damage the outside of the Chromebook.
- Avoid placing or dropping heavy objects on the top of the Chromebook.
- Chromebooks do not like excessive heat or cold. They should not be exposed to over 100 degrees or under 32 degrees. Do NOT put your Chromebook under a blanket, on the dashboard of your car, etc.
- Do not block air flow when device is on. While your Chromebook does not get overly hot as a traditional laptop might, it does need to breathe.
- Chromebooks have been labeled with the inventory tag. DO NOT REMOVE the tag.
- Damage, loss, or theft must be reported immediately.
- Keep your Chromebook in the case provided to you when not in use. Even when the Chromebook is in your backpack, it should be inside the case provided.
- Transport Chromebooks with care.
- Chromebook lids should always be closed and tightly secured when moving. Do not carry your Chromebook while the screen is open.
- Unplug your Chromebook when it is not charging.
- Never move a Chromebook by lifting from the screen. Always support a Chromebook from its bottom with lid closed.
- If carrying your Chromebook in your backpack, avoid sharp objects in your backpack around your Chromebook, and avoid throwing your backpack or leaving it in places where it can be accidentally kicked.
- Do not place the Chromebook charger in the district-provided Chromebook case. The case is meant to hold only the Chromebook. Inserting the charger in the sleeve put pressure on the Chromebook screen.
- The Chromebook screens can be easily damaged! The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
- Do not store the Chromebook with the screen in the open position.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks)
A/C POWER ADAPTER
- The port on the power adapter is fragile – insert and remove with care every time.
- Do not carry your Chromebook around with the power adapter plugged in.
- When not in use, wrap your Chromebooks power adapter up so the cords don’t become tangled/knotted.
CHARGING YOUR CHROMEBOOK
- The Chromebooks hold a charge for between 8-10 hours.
- Make sure to plug your Chromebook in each night so that it is fully charged for the morning. There is limited power available at the school and you may not be able to charge it during the day.
KEEPING YOUR CHROMEBOOK CLEAN
- Never use any product containing any alcohol, ammonia, or other strong solvent to clean your Chromebook.
- Do NOT spray or wipe your Chromebook with any windex/household cleaner/water and/or cleaning cloth/wipes.
- Clean your Chromebook keys and screen with a lightly moistened soft cloth or bring your Chromebook to the Library to have it cleaned with a computer cleaning solution.